Have you ever wondered what it would take to get your work published? What are publishers looking for? What happens during the publishing process?
I worked with a publishing company for a few years, and lots of people always assume I know the answer to these questions. I get asked a lot. I try to answer to my best knowledge. So I figured it was time someone did something about answering these questions properly.
I work with Lesleigh Inc, a company that helps you manage the creative process. Having reached the understanding that you need to know what to expect during every step of getting your work out there in the market, we have teamed up with Publisher and CEO of Can-Do Publishing, Agatha Verdadero to bring you a forum that will take you through:-
- How do I get published?
- Are there different types of publishing?
- What’s the difference between submitting fiction and non-fiction?
- Is there anything I need to know about my work before looking out for publishers or agents?
- Are there certain periods of the year that is better to submit the manuscripts?
- What are the modes of delivery- email or post or both?
- What if I want to self-publish?
- Rejection vs revision
When: Sunday, March 4, 2012
Time: 1:00pm until 5:00pm